Vibrant, pioneering and ready to transform the railway industry.
Sensonic is a trailblazer, leveraging data to enable more efficient railway operations using Fiber Optic Sensing. Founded in Austria and the UK by experienced technology players, the company is on a high growth journey to support the global railway industry as the leading information provider. Our team of software and artificial intelligence experts aim to convert data into actionable and predictive information for railways to contribute to a sustainable future.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer to join the Engineering team in the UK. Based in Farnborough, the Systems Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager and will work as part of the team working closely with R&D and Operations to provide customer support, conduct site installations and inspections and produce project documentation and technical drawings.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of DAS technology and basic fibre optic OTDR trace analysis, and ideally 2-3 years experience in an engineering role.
If you are looking for a company where self-organisation, agility and flexibility is lived, combined with an outstanding company culture and passion for development that drives the team, then Sensonic is the place for you.
Your main roles and responsibilities
- Work as a member of the Engineering team, cooperate with R&D and Operations and lead deployment teams on global installations
- Plan and implement installations at the customer's site and provide support on-site or remotely
- Perform site inspections and prepare detailed analyses
- Test and develop Algorithm
- Produce technical drawings and project documentation for any new DAS installations
- Produce high-quality reports, videos and presentations using material from system installations
- Lead technical training for customers and partners
You would be perfect for this role if
- you have completed a degree relevant to this position (Electrical / Software Engineering) with ideally 2-3 years professional experience in a similar position
- you have experience in the field of DAS technology, OTDR analysis and DSP
- Python, MATLAB and MS Vision are no foreign words for you
- you like to work with and in cloud environments (Amazon AWS, Azure)
- your excellent communications skills distinguish you
- you enjoy to work in a team and live agile values
- travel activities are a welcome change for you
We offer you
- an opportunity to work as part of a social and innovative company
- an agile and open corporate culture
- personal development encouraged with opportunities through structured education and training
- sage benefits - offering a variety of discounts for shops, holidays and restaurants
- regular social events (even in lockdown - digitally) such as Christmas and summer party and days out organised by our social committee
- competitive salary based on skills and experience